Post On:January 14, 2020
In reference to the above the below was sent,
Water of Life – Corporate Office
333 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29609
Attn: ROLAND BERGERON | SARAH KELLEY | KYLE A. MELESKI | DREW SULLIVAN | AFTON SCHIPPER | CLAIRE WALTERS | REBEKAH MINTZ |
This is in reference to the video released by a pastor associated with your organization in India,
That is a violation of 1, 2,3 & 5 of SPHERE code of conduct standards: ¹ & The Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and (NGOs) in Disaster Relief ²
1. The humanitarian imperative comes first.
In the case referenced above religious conversion seems first imperative
2. Aid is given regardless of the race, creed or nationality of the recipients and without adverse distinction of any kind. Aid priorities are calculated on the basis of need alone.
Aid in the form of water was being given on the basis of faith alone
3. Aid will not be used to further a particular political or religious standpoint.
Aid of water was used to further the Christian conversion religious standpoint
5. We shall respect culture and custom.
Cleary this code of conduct was violated as it was disrespecting Hindu culture and custom
The points above confirm that people associated with your organization indulged in multiple violations.
We ask for the following
1- Open your pastor training modules for inspection by our team
2- Issue an apology &
3- Confirm that such religious hostility will not be practiced / encouraged by your organization in future
We also ask for details on number of borewells you have dug in India and has there been excess exploitation of resources to the advantage of evangelical objectives and detriment of non-Christians. India has been welcoming to evangelicals and we believe it’s your duty not to misuse the hospitality.
The Dialogue – Toronto: www.thedialogue.ca & Legal Rights Protection Forum – India – 14th Jan, 2020
-U.S. Commission on IntL Religious Freedom, 732 N. Capitol Street, N. W. Suite A714, WA, DC 20401 :
Kindly take note of the above violation while preparing your next report on India
– Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN- Geneva, 8-14 avenue de la Paix, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
This is an initial compliant and we shall follow the protocol of your office in filing a formal complaint after hearing
– Indian High commissioner office: Washington
Let us know of what safeguards does the High commission has in place to prevent such violations